Monday, February 2, 2009

PETS

To be very frank, I am not a pet person........I am not a DOG person and to be true I am even scared of CATS if they look me directly in the eye. I get equally scared and run amuck in my house at the slightest vision of any rodent in my house, though they wouldn't be qualified as PET's but Ripley's Believe it or Not does show a few animal lovers having all sorts of animals as pets.

Yesterday I met ANGEL (a 2mth old pomeranian Bitch of my good friend Bhuvaneswari). And I must admit that I am in love with the cute lil tail waggling and trying to catch her own tail pomeranian. She looks every bit of her name, but must add that she is amazingly smart and mischievous. Yesterday's encounter with Angel, reminded me of my another close encounter with a pet during my early childhood days which i completely forgot about. One of my colony friends named Afreen had a Rabbit as her pet. We used to call him RAJA/SONA. The white and brown streaked four legged animal with amazing ears was a bundle of joy. We friends used to love, pamper and play with him.....Our favorite game was trying to catch him first when we left him in the tall green grasses. We used to catch him by his slender, cartilage ears. We had the best possible time for over 1 yr playing with him until he left us.

Just wanted to jot down how I felt about PETS. I believe a pet is the best friend a parent can give to a shy lonely child who would not venture out much. Pets will love you unconditionally and a strong bond is developed.

ALL SAID n DONE........I would be glad to visit ANGEL on a monthly basis :). But having her at my home will surely freak me out.

No comments: